2.03.2010

Dragons, Flying Objects, and a little hippie love


 
A little T-Rex shirt I made for a little boy.  It's so much cuter in person.  As are most of the shirts, but this one especially.

Two Funky Junky Peace Signs
I'm thinking I like the fabric peace signs better than the fleece.  There is still fleece under the fabric to give it the soft, poofy-ness.


Pinkalicious Cupcake for AC's Pinkalicious birthday party.  I'll have to post pictures of it.  Everything is going to be pink to the point of being obnoxious.  I'm making her a pink tutu to go with it and she's going to wear pink leggings with her sparkly shoes and a huge pink something in her hair. :) ADORABLE. My BFF FOREVER is a genius.

I mean tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm liking this whole striped shirt business for the boys. 

Next is a little glimpse into the future.  I've been wanting to start sewing and designing children's clothes for a while now.  I finally went and bought some fabric, and I'm going to start looking for ideas, cutting patterns, and what not.... TODAY.  wooot wooot.

These are the fabrics I bought to do little boys stuff with.  The place I went didn't have the best fabric for boys so I want to make a trip to this fabric store in Birmingham soon.  They have ridiculously cute fabric, but I figured this was good to start out with... Make sure sewing is something I actually want to do before I drop the big bucks.

I am absolutely in love with the fabric to the right.  I love all of it, of course, but I'm going to start with the green flowers.

I'm even MORE IN LOVE with these two fabrics.  The zigzag....mmmmmmmm...might possibly be the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I'd wear it myself as a skirt.  Oh, maybe I should have gotten more of it.  I know my BFF FOREVER loves it too.

But this fabric, I did buy for myself!!!  I'm making a high-waisted 1950s inspired skirt.  I absolutely cannot wait.  How freakin-deakin super duper cute is this going to be??  And to make sure I get the 1950s feel I'm going for, I have enlisted the help of my grandmother. 

I'll post pictures of my finished projects as soon as I get them completed.  It probably won't be for at least another week or two though.  Lots of other things to keep me busy coming up.  I just wish one of them was a job. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're Speck-tacular! Got the shirts in the mail today. Love them. AC was supa' dupa' excited. Can't wait to see you. Peace in the middle east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, since you're making skirts now, i think the yellow with white/teal flowers would be a super addition to my speck collection....haha :)

    but seriously....

    and yes, you are wonderfully speck-tacular.....

    ReplyDelete